“Type is shorthand. It changes the emotion of what we say. We use it to express our individuality. If we all used the same thing, what a boring place we’d be in.”
Simon Garfield, Author of Just My Type
Whether you believe it or not, the type of font that you choose in your brand plays a big role in how others perceive you or your company. Even though we now consider a drop-down menu of various typefaces standard in every computer, it wasn’t until the first Mac that we were given these options. Who knew that something so simple could be such a game changer?
Just like colour (why some associate red with anger and blue with sadness), the use of different fonts provoke certain feelings, emotions and associations. Adding in different font weights (for example with the use of bold) or employing italics can also determine whether or not people resonate with your message and may even help them to decide whether they want to read it at all.
According to Venngage, here are six basic font categories and their associated personalities:
- Serif – classy, traditional, trustworthy
- Sans-Serif- modern, minimal, clean
- Slab Serif- bold, quirky, confident
- Script- elegant, unique
- Handwritten- informal, artistic
- Decorative- stylized, distinctive, dramatic
Luckily, there is now a way that you can use fancy fonts in your direct messages with the help of Instagram Fonts. It can also help you to generate symbols that showcase your unique personality.
- Type your desired text into the input box.
- Scroll down to see the variety of fonts you can choose from.
- Select your chosen font.
- Copy it into your direct message.
It’s as easy as that! You can also get really creative and design your own font using this generator.
Tip: If you’d like different parts of your text to have different fonts or weights. Simply do each section individually, copying and pasting into your direct message as you go. For
𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐞𝐬 is a 𝓈𝒶𝒻𝑒, CRM platform that enables private, direct conversational flow at a 🆂🅲🅰🅻🅴.
Pretty cool right?
Now that you know how to add fancy fonts to your direct messages, here’s some additional tips and tricks that will help you craft the perfect message:
- Most people nowadays just skim quickly through a bulk of text. Using different fonts act as ‘speed-breakers’ slowing the reader down long enough to read the important parts of your message.
- Bold text is often used for highlighting important text and words. Italics on the other hand is employed for conversations, quotes or to highlight the name of books, magazines, etc.
- Don’t overuse bold, italics or any other types of font. Really look at your message and ask yourself, ‘If you could only get your reader to pick up a couple key points from your direct message, what would they be?’ Those are the parts that you want to use different fonts and techniques on.
- If you have a long message, use bold text to break up the message. Think of how headlines act as a tool to break up body text on websites or print media.
- Use different fonts for short stints, not long stretches.
Here at Direct Heroes we have pioneered a platform that provides you with the ability to create a direct, conversational funnel on Instagram at a scale. Along with developing this innovative CRM platform, we also ensure that our clients are provided with a comprehensive concierge service which includes tips and tricks to boost your connection with your followers.
Want to know more? Connect with us today.