With our personal lives being broadcasted more than ever before and an increased sensitivity surrounding individual privacy, people are looking for more private, intimate methods of connection—enter direct messaging.
Marc Zuckerberg even spoke about this digital phenomenon stating that, “privacy gives people the freedom to be themselves and connect more naturally, which is why we build social networks.” Played out in real life this would be akin to having a small group of people over to your house, instead of going out to a bar and conversing—more private and intimate. It is through direct messaging that we now see people transferring this form of communication to social spheres online.
For those who may not know, direct messaging is simply a private conversation completed either manually or through chatbots on social media that is only visible by the sender and recipient(s). However, despite its seemingly simple definition, when used correctly it can allow you to develop a stronger, more personal connection with your clients/customers, ultimately driving sales/impressions that can grow your business.
Some of the benefits of direct messaging include:
- The ability to provide personalized and connected service to customers
- Increased consumer confidence in your brand
- Helping your customers to more quickly and accurately determine the product or service that is best for them
- Improved customer service in a way that is more cost-effective than traditional call centres
- Allowing your customers to have access to support 24/7 at a time that is convenient for them
- Can be easily scaled
- Providing your customers with the information and confidence they need to make a purchase and return to your brand in the future
Luckily for you, at Direct Heroes we are pioneering the future of social media, allowing you to leverage the power of direct messaging through Instagram. Direct Heroes is a safe, CRM platform that enables private, direct conversational flow at a scale, ultimately helping you to convert more prospects into followers. Sounds pretty good right?