Kristin Smaby in her article Being Human is Good Business said that,
“In an area when companies see online support as a way to shield themselves from ‘costly’ interactions with their customers, it’s time to consider an entirely different approach: building human-centric customer service through great people and clever technology.”
It’s important to remember, that just as Kristin has mentioned above, whether you’re moving your business to an online model or decided to go directly online right away, there is no way for you to dodge good customer service. Technology, like the direct messaging platform we have developed at Direct Heroes, is one of the ways that you can achieve this quality—increasing trust and investment in your brand.
Don’t believe us? Well here are some statistics to back it up:
- Customers are 51% less likely to use a brand again if they’ve had a bad experience.
- 64% of individuals find customer experience more important than price.
- 62% said that an employee’s knowledge or resourcefulness is one of the most important factors in a positive customer service experience.
- Customers that are able to have a conversation through chat with businesses are 2.8 times more likely to make a purchase.
Really at the end of the day, everyone wants to feel special and that they’re important. But how can you achieve that when you’re not face to face with them? Well there are a few ways to deliver this, which we will now discuss more below.
Back in the days of brick and mortar it was easier to provide your clients with personal touches. But even today as society moves to a more online model, a personal experience is still possible thanks to direct messaging and chat functions.
You might be thinking now, ‘okay that’s great and everything, but I don’t have the capital to pay someone to sit there and answer questions 24/7.’ We get you and understand that especially if you are just starting out, this will likely be the case. Although it would be ideal if you could be there for your customers whenever they need it, if this is not possible, try to be available on chat when your online store is getting the most traffic. ‘When is that’, you ask? Well making use of analytics properly and tracking your activities for a few months can help you to determine that.
Use the time you or someone you employ is going to spend chatting online as an experiment and way to determine your return on investment. Some of the questions you can ask during this time could be:
- How many chats did I receive during this time?
- How many chats resulted in a sale or follow?
- Was there a peak in chat requests after the release of marketing materials like newsletters, ads, etc.?
- What types of questions are they asking? Which are coming up more commonly?
Eventually if you keep accurate records, you should start to see common patterns across your data. Use this information to your advantage and ensure that someone is there to help customers during those times. At Direct Heroes we have pioneered technology that makes it possible to do automatic direct messaging on Instagram and can help you set up a campaign that will assist you in delivering quality engagements.
Another great thing about Direct Heroes is that we are able to personalize the experience, moving your customer down the conversational funnel. We do this by setting up unique criteria to meet your customer/follower where they are at.
Let me give you an example. Let’s say that you are going to purchase a car in person. The first time you visit the showroom you might not be able to pinpoint exactly what you want and would rather get information on the general landscape of what’s available. Later on down the road however, you might have narrowed it down to your model of choice, but now want more information on specific features that you can add to this specific car. At this point in the buying process, if the sales person goes back to giving you information on all the cars that are available to purchase, you’re likely to become frustrated —at the end of the day, making your customer frustrated and confused is likely not going to result in a sale or follow. Your customers want you to understand them and their needs, end of story.
Here are some customizations that we can add to your Direct Heroes conversational funnel:
- Geography—adjusting information and tagging your consumers based on how they have interacted with your business in a certain location
- New visitors—providing new ways for users to opt in to receiving other marketing promotions, such as newsletters and discounts
- Follow up—creating a conversational funnel that will help close the sale or increase your following after someone has been interacting with your brand for some time
It’s important to remember that the first time someone visits your account, they’re likely not going to engage too much. However, as they keep being redirected to your brand through a customized conversational funnel, their trust will grow to the extent that will likely, if done properly, lead to a conversion (i.e. a follow or a sale).
We have helped many brands on their quest to provide better and more focused customer service on Instagram and would be more than happy to assist you as well. Visit the Direct Heroes website to learn more about how you can get started today. This is the future of marketing, don’t get left behind and jump on board.