- through the Website or any other part of the Platform; and
- in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and us.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company (including our affiliates and subsidiaries) or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Platform.
5. How We Use Your Information We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present the Platform and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it (for example, if you send us an e-mail with a question or comment, we will use your e-mail address to respond to you. Further, we may store your e-mail and e-mail address and a copy of our response for future reference);
- to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to the Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on the Platform;
- to allow you to access to patches, upgrades and enhancements to the Platform
- to allow you to access to Platform customizations created for you, if applicable
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
6. Disclosure of Your Information We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of an amalgamation, a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Platform users is among the assets transferred;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (for example, if there is a feature of the Platform that allows you to send your contact information to another user through the Platform, when you use that feature, we will disclose your personal information to that other user);
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or on the registration form or at any other time by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or on the registration form or at any other time by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or on the registration form or at any other time by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
- the disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the safety or physical or mental health of an individual other than the individual who made the request;
- the disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual;
- the disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information; or
- the personal information was collected by us for an investigation or legal proceeding.
9. Data Security We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
10. Retention and Destruction For legal and business purposes we may retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonably needed. Upon expiry of the appropriate retention period, bearing in mind our reasonable legal and business requirements, your personal information will either be destroyed in a secure manner or made anonymous.
12. Contact Information To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: email@example.com